In 2012 a few personnel governors were involved in helping to recruit new members of staff, helping with the interviews and final decisions, building up more knowledge of the school and the tight knit team that continue to drive the school forward.
All governors attended Pre Ofsted Training at the school on 25 April 2012.
Ofsted reviewed its arrangements for inspecting schools in the light of the 2011 Education Bill and Government Policy that reflected ‘the importance of inspection focusing even more extensively on the quality of teaching when judging the quality of the school with inspectors spending most of their time in classrooms’.
In judging the quality of the school, inspectors will make four key judgements:
- the quality of teaching
- behaviour and safety
- leadership and management
As part of these new arrangements the Governors are assessed together with the school under the leadership and management judgement and we want to ensure we are fully prepared and knowledgable to understand and lead the school to the best of our ability.
Other training/involvement with the school recently:
- Mrs Taylor attended training courses organised by the Diocese on the Chadwick Report and the revised SIAS framework.
- Mr Raper – safer recruitment training
- Mrs McAuley – National Training Programme for New Governors
- Mrs Taylor – recent visits to present prizes to the pupils who had taken part in the Gainford Horticultural Show and to judge the writing competition
- Mr Thebe – regular visits to help coach the football team.
Governor of the week
Each week a governor joins the Friday school assembly to talk to the pupils, and present the head teachers award stickers. This is a fabulous opportunity for all governors to interact with the pupils and share in their achievements.
Please see the Governor of the Week schedule.pdf for this term.